Ireland is known for our top quality dairy industry all over the world and so, it is no wonder that we have so many brilliant Irish cheese producers. Each producing their own unique and wonderfully tasting varieties, making the choice for your cheeseboard is endless. But, no cheese board is complete without come crackers!
These crispy and light Achill Island Sea Salted crackers will add a subtle saltiness to pair perfectly with any of your favourite cheeses!
For an extra kick try adding some dried chilli flakes, black pepper or some fresh herbs just before they go in the oven.
· 200g plain flour
· ½ tsp baking powder
· 60g Irish butter – cold & cut into cubes
· 6 Tbsp water
· Achill Island Sea Salt
Makes 18-24 crackers
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/ Gas 4 and line two baking trays
2. Place the flour, butter, baking powder and ½ tsp of Achill Island Sea Salt in the food processor and blend until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Add 5 tbsp of water to the mix and whizz until it comes together. If the dough seems a bit dry add another tablespoon of water until. The dough should be soft but not sticky.
4. Roll out the dough on a floured surface into a rectangle, rolling it as thin as possible.
5. Brush some water over the dough and sprinkle 1 tsp of Achill Island Sea Salt.
6. Cut the dough into even rectangles and place them on the lined baking trays.
7. Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the crackers are dry and pale.
8. Set on a wire tray and allow to cool and firm up.
9. These will keep in an airtight container for 5-7 days.